Jul 17, 2010

Wins & Losses

Win: Got me a 3-day study week at uni! 4 units in 3 days, more intense but more time to manage on my own to get study etc done. I find I work better when classes don't get in my way, especially studio sessions where you sit for a few hours just waiting for a chat with your lecturer. More days for work, too, and more for leisure (Cheaparse Tuesdays at Mt. Buller ski resort come to mind).

Loss: UUUNNGGHHH. THIS feeling, possibly due to PMS, when what propelled me through weeks of sporadic long-haul, serious scores of hours of effort has dried up. Amidst finding myself in a blue-moon scenario of disparate powers converging into making my life suddenly and very intricately busy, I see that the kind of exertion that was necessary to progress thus far is going to be impossible to achieve with everything else on my plate in the next 2-3 weeks, and this is going to be detrimental to an ungaugeable degree to the success of the project. And going out means money gone, just when student support payments had finally figured themselves out.

SIGH. I want to do well, and be on time and up to standard and all those other good things that propel us to ungodly hours and prolonged caffeine habits. I don't like things that weren't there when work wasn't urgent, that suddenly are there when work pace needs to continue, and when those things are chockablock for the foreseeable future.

I always have a fear, when I spend hours upon hours retoning and retoning same corners of page, that just one option untried would keep the page from looking its best, would be the one thing to bring it down. That because things need to happen fast, standard is secondary to speed, and that I'm the only thing standing in the way of slipshod work going under the radar.

You know when your Winamp (or other media player) is strangely prophetic, in the dead of night, with its random song choices?

The Panics - Don't Fight It
Advice much? :/

No comments:

Post a Comment