Jan 16, 2010

Many Lines


Scary things happen in the dark :
- - -

Burning sun and a chilly cold wind... that's the way all of summer should be.

I thought I'd do my best to step outside the ole comfort zone and draw something with thin sexy lines... and boy did it fail. Repeatedly.
Then I remembered one time I'd done lineart for one picture in painstaking Opacity-Sensitive pens... you can get a really feathered, delicate effect that way.

Well, yeah, no. And the SAI line vectors weren't my friends today either... so I switched in the end to what I do best, or at least most comfortably. Pixels.

Pixels are so, so so sexy.

And suddenly every line had meaning, and a weight that made sense, an angle that worked. I got bold, let them cross each other and leave shapes unclosed, and it all felt right. I guess it's either bulky thick lines or pixels for me, still. :/

By the way in my spare time, usually to cheer myself up out of ruts, I go on fanart hunts. I collect arts for my art folder that excite me either as a fan or an artist, usually both, and looking at these makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. ...sometimes they're shipping, mostly they're not though. This is a side hobby of mine that extends many years back... and I must say I'm quite the consummate seeker. This is the one thing that makes me as happy as drawing, or close to (when it goes according to plan, anyway).

Since I'm playing the old Ruby so much these days, struggling five steps into Victory Road, I thought I'd put up a list of what's in my PKMN folder at the moment. Of course, Pixiv is also an awesome resource. :>
Not many eh? Seeing as these old-school gems also have Links pages, I recommend you check those out and flush through them thoroughly for hours of artfix. :>

1 comment:

  1. Boo! It's Naki. Consider your blog hella stalked.

    ReplyDelete